Jie Zhang, male, Academician of Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), Germany Academy of Science, and Scientific Academy of the Third World, Professor in Department of Physics of Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He received Ph.D degree in 1988 from Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Science. From 1989 to 1998, he first work at Max-Planck-Institute for Quantenoptik in Germany, then Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in the UK. Since January 1999, he has been a professor and deputy Director of the Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Associate Director and Director of Laboratory of Optical Physics. He was elected as academician of Chinese Academy of Science (CAS) in 2003, then appointed the president of Shanghai JiaoTong University in November 2006.
Jie Zhang was mainly engaged in the research on High-field physics and X-ray laser, and he has got great achievement with his colleagues in the fields. He has published more than 130 papers in the international academic Journals of Science, Physical Review Letters, etc., which were indexed by Science Citation Index (SCI) database for more than 1300 times. In the past 5 years, he has made invited-talk for 30 times in key international conferences. He has been invited for many times to publish Integrative papers and introduce his research results by some specialized Journals such as Applied Physics B£¬Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion£¬High Energy Density Physics, etc. He is also the editorial committee of multiple international journals. His research was recognized by Chinese Youthful Scientist Prize, Outstanding Youth Foundation, Excellence Prize of ¡°Hundred Plan¡±, Hongkong ¡°Qiushi¡± Distinguished Youthful Scholar Prize, ¡°Rao Yutai¡± Prize in Chinese Physics Society, ¡°Wang Dayan¡± Optics Prize of Chinese Optics Society, ¡°Asia Achievement Prize¡± of Physics Society of Chinese in the World, ¡°He Liang He Li¡± Scientific Progress Prize, etc. His research team was awarded A Second Prize of National Natural Science of China. Currently he is a Fellow of UK Physics Society, General Council Member of Chinese Physics Society, Director of Academic Exchange Committee, Committee of Professional commission of International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP), Council member of High-power Laser Council of United Nations Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), committee of Executive Commission of Asia-Pacific Physics Society, Deputy Director of Expert Group of National 863 High-Tech High-Intensity Laser, etc.
High-field physics, X-ray laser, ¡°Fast ignition¡± for laser fusion, Ultrafast electron diffraction and imaging.
1. S.M.Weng, Z.M.Sheng, M.Q.He, J.Zhang, P.A.Norreys, M.Sherlock, and A.P.L.Robinson, "Plasma Currents and Electron Distribution Functions under a dc Electric Field of Arbitrary Strength", Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 185001 (2008).
2. L.M.Chen, M.Kando, M.H.Xu, Y.T.Li, J.Koga, M.Chen, H.Xu, X.H.Yuan, Q.L.Dong, Z.M.Sheng, S.V.Bulanov, Y.Kato, J.Zhang, and T.Tajima, "Study of X-Ray Emission Enhancement via a High-Contrast Femtosecond Laser Interacting with a Solid Foil", Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 045004 (2008).
3. LM Chen, M Kando, MH Xu, YT Li, J Koga, M Chen, H Xu, XH Yuan, QL Dong, ZM Sheng, SV Bulanov, Y Kato, J Zhang, T Tajima, "Study of X-Ray Emission Enhancement via a High-Contrast Femtosecond Laser Interacting with a Solid Foil", Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 045004 (2008).
4. YT Li, XH Yuan, MH Xu, ZY Zheng, ZM Sheng, M Chen, YY Ma, WX Liang, QZ Yu, Y Zhang, F Liu, ZH Wang, ZY Wei, W Zhao, Z Jin, and J Zhang, "Observation of a Fast Electron Beam Emitted along the Surface of a Target Irradiated by Intense Femtosecond Laser Pulses", Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 165003 (2006).
5. TT Xi, X Lu, J Zhang, "Interaction of Light Filaments Generated by Femtosecond Laser Pulses in Air", Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 025003-4 (2006).
6. T Yang, Q Zhang, TY Chen, S Lu, J Yin, JW Pan, ZY Wei, JR Tian, J Zhang, "Experimental synchronization of independent entangled photo sources", Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 110501 (2006).
7. ZM Sheng, Kunioki Mima, Heiji Sanuki, J Zhang, "Emission of Electromagnetic Pulses from Laser Wakefields through Linear Mode Conversion", Phys. Rev. Lett. 94£¬095003-095006 (2005).
8. YT Li, J Zhang, ZM Sheng, H Teng, TJ Liang, XY Peng, X Lu and XW Tang, "High-energy electrons and x-ray photons emitted by water plasmas produced by femtosecond laser pulses", Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 1650021-4 (2003).
9. ZM Sheng, K Mima, Y Sentoku, MS Jovanovic, T Taguchi, J Zhang and J Meyer-ter-Vehn, "Stochastic heating and acceleration of electrons in colliding laser fields in plasmas", Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 0550041-4 (2002).
10. LM Chen, J Zhang, YT Li, H Teng, TJ Liang, ZM Sheng, and XW Tang, "Effects of laser polarization on jet emission of fast electrons in ultrashort pulse laser-palsmas", Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 225001-4 (2001).
11. ZM Sheng, Y Sentoku, K Mima, J Zhang, W Yu and J Meyer-ter-Vehn, "Angular distribution of fast electrons, ions and Bremsstrahlung X/gamma rays in intense laser interaction with solid targets", Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 5340-5343 (2000).
12. J Zhang, AG MacPhee, J Lin, E Wolfrum, R Smith, C Danson, MH Key, CLS Lewis, D Neely, J Nilsen, GJ Pert, GJ Tallents and JS Wark£¬"A saturated x-ray laser beam at 7 nm", Science 276, 1097 (1997).
13. J Zhang, AG MacPhee, J Nilsen, J Lin, TW Barbee Jr, MH Key, CLS Lewis, D Neely, RMN O'Rourke, GJ Pert, R Smith, GJ Tallents, JS Wark and E Wolfrum£¬"Demonstration of saturation in a Ni-like Ag x-ray laser at 14 nm", Phys. Rev. Lett. 78, 3856 (1997).
14. P A Norreys, M Zepf, A P Fews, S Moustaizis, J Zhang, P Lee, M Bakarezos, C N Danson, A Dyson, P Gibbon, P Loukakos, D Neely, F N Walsh, J S Wark and A E Dangor, "Efficient XUV harmonics generated from picosecond laser pulse interactions with solid targets", Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, 1832 (1996).
15. J Zhang, MH Key, PA Norreys, GJ Tallents, A Behjat, C Danson, A Demir, L Dwivedi, M Holden, PB Holden, CLS Lewis, A G MacPhee, D Neely, GJ Pert, SA Ramsden, S J Rose, YF Shao, O Thomas, F Walsh, YL You£¬"Demonstration of high gain in a recombination x- ray laser at 18.2 nm driven by a 20 J, 2 ps glass laser", Phys. Rev. Lett. 74, 1335(1995).