December 7, 2010
Please Click Here to Download Worshop PPT and Group Photo
(Username and Password has been distributed via Email)
It is our great pleasure to inform you that the 11th International Workshop on Fast Ignition of Fusion Targets (FIW2010) will be held during October 17-21, 2010 in Shanghai, China.
As in the previous workshops of this series, the FIW2010 will provide an ideal forum to discuss the recent development of Fast Ignition of Fusion Targets and its prospects in an easy environment. There will be sessions from Monday to Thursday with oral presentations, poster presentations, as well as free discussion time.
The workshop will be held in the Xuhui Campus of Shanghai Jiao Tong University(SJTU), which though located downtown Shanghai has a quite environment. Participants may also take this opportunity to visit the 2010 EXPO Park in Shanghai.
We sincerely invite you to participate in the FIW2010 to explore the exciting development of Fast Ignition of Fusion Targets as well as the traditional Chinese culture in its southeast area.
- Ignition requirements and gain of FI targets.
- Hydrodynamics of fuel assembly
- Relativistic laser-plasma interactions and electron source characteristics
- Fast-electron transport and magnetic collimation
- Laser-generated ion beams
- Fast ignition concepts (Shock Ignition, Impact Ignition etc.)
- Integrated fast-ignition simulations and point designs for high gain
- Applications of fast ignition
Click here to download a high-resolution workshop flyer in PDF format (about 5M)
This page was last updated on May 10, 2010